- Provide a spiritual tone for troop meetings and activities.
- Give guidance to the chaplain aide.
- Promote regular participation of each member in the activities of the religious organization of his choice
- Visit homes of the scouts in time of sickness or need.
- Give spiritual counseling service when needed or requested.
- Encourage Boy Scouts to earn their appropriate religious emblems.
- Report to the troop committee each month.
Qualifications for Committee Positions
- At least 21 years old
- Subscribe to the precepts of the Declaration of Religious Principle
- Abide by the Scout Oath and the Scout Law.
- Possess the moral, educational, and emotional qualities that Scouts BSA and/or the Boy Scouts of America deems necessary to afford positive leadership to youth.
- All volunteers are expected to complete amd maintain Youth Protection training.
- As a volunteer, you are expected to complete the required training before assuming a leadership position.
- All training is available online on the Web site http://my.scouting.org.