Job Description: The den chief works with the Cub Scouts, Webelos and Den Leaders in the Cub Scout Pack.
Reports to: the Den Leader in the Pack and the Scoutmaster.
- Knows the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- Helps Cub Scouts advance through Cub Scout ranks.
- Encourages Cub Scouts to join a Scouts BSA Troop upon graduation.
- Assists with activities in the den meetings.
- Is a friend to the Cubs in the den.
- Helps out at weekly den meetings and monthly pack meetings.
- Meets with adult members of the Den, Pack and Troop as necessary.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically wears the Scout uniform correctly.
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit.
- Recommended by the SPL and approved by the Scoutmaster
- Serves for 12 months
- Must be active in the troop
- Any Scout can serve in this position.